Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2011: The year to "bring the pain"

There are different types of music lovers in the world. There are those who give it a passing glance, those who are devoted to a particular genre and those who live to embrace it and fit it into their "soundtrack of life." I'm a soundtrack kind of person. I live my life, years, weeks and moods by soundtracks I create. For those interested, ask to see my iPod and you too will discover the wonder of my 13,239-song, uniquely labeled playlists.

That being said, I've recently decided to dedicate a specific song to 2011 -- a soundtrack for the year if you will -- Method Man's "Bring the Pain."

This is the year we should all "bring the pain" to whatever it is we do in business. To break through ceilings, step on the gas (while the highways are still relatively clear of the competing businesses), eradicate the norm and push through to the new and unknown. This is the song I have playing as my daily motivation while downing my first cup of coffee of the morning. Or, as Method Man may likely refer to it: gettin' my mind right for the day.

Despite the foul language and somewhat derogatory words (for those, I do apologize. I didn't write the song), the song still conveys a message we can all relate to: that is takes the skilled, the resilient and the fighter in you to get where you need to go.

It's time to take everything you are and have achieved and "bring the pain" to 2011.

*This blog originally published with a February issue of the Imagine Marketing e-newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment